Sunday 14 July 2013

The Garden evolves

Yesterday as I was watering the new trees and plants in the garden, I spotted this rabbit resting under a rosebush. It watched me for a while, hardly moving and seemed quite curious, until it simply had to move.


It is a delight to see so much wildlife in the garden and, luckily, most of the plants are rabbit proof.
This morning, a pair of chipmunks raced around like two crazy drivers on a formula one circuit, even climbing up the fence at times...
Nicholas

Every morning we are greeted with this extraordinary view from our bedroom as the sun rises on the field and hills behind...

On the left is our newest addition for the birds...a little feeder in the shape of a bench...it is a hit with our feathered diners...


Just below the feeders, I have planted 6 large tomato plants in large pots...it will be wonderful to see what kind of harvest they yield. Next spring, I will work on creating a herb garden as well....nice to think of the garden evolving and maturing here in this landscape I am growing to love...

Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment