Saturday 8 June 2013

Dryden Dairy Day Parade

Today, in gentle, falling rain, I sat on our close friends' porch and watched the Dryden Parade go by. Tractors, cows, children, dogs and, of course, marching bands.




The parade celebrates the history of this town and its dairy farmers who have contributed so much to the spirit of the place since the early 1800's.



And as with all parades, the inner child is there!
Nicholas

So...I missed the parade...and my first Dryden Dairy Day, as I was working. But, thankfully, right along with you I am able to see some of the highlights.

I grew up in a community that had small dairy farms, so I am feeling quite nostalgic in a nice kind of way.

When I got home, there were other little delights to greet me. 
A doe, pausing from her evening meal...


And a rather curious rabbit, exploring the world of newly laid bricks and the Bobcat digger...


What a privilege to witness the beauty of nature, the curiosity of animals, the unfolding of seasons and time...

May we be good stewards of this earth.

Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment