Friday 12 April 2013

New reflections...

Kitchen, hall and sunroom tile have been grouted and the floors laid in the healing room and my studio (save a few strips).


This wall in the studio will be my painting surface.... it will be finished with a ten foot by eight stretch of masonite upon which I can use velcro to secure the painting boards.
There's been a slight delay with the quartz countertop in the kitchen, but we are still on target to move in by the end of April! (fingers crossed)

NIcholas

My healing room, as Nicholas said, now has a floor! Even on a very grey day, on the north side of the house, the light fills the space. I am so very excited to begin my private practice once more. It has been over a year now since doing this work and I miss the great privilege of the holding others on their journey.


A break in the clouds and the afternoon light floods our master bedroom. The ceiling fan is part of the ongoing work of our incredible electrician (who says he has never installed so many dimmers...) What can I say? I like control the atmosphere with the ambient light...all those years in theatre I am guessing...


And here is the finished tiling, looking from the end of the breakfast bar, across the hallway, and into the living room...again, we are delighted with the incredible light that, literally, fills the space. And, when we spend time in this home, we are amazed at our designer's architectural touches, the little angles and niches, all of which will give us such a wonderful daily experience of shadow and light. 

As I wrote that last sentence I was reminded of how important that is to me. In Gabriella, I wrote, "the far side of shadow, is pure radiant light"...what a wondrous gift to have arrived at a moment in my life when one of my greatest life goals is to create opportunity for reflection, both outwardly and inwardly...

Judy


No comments:

Post a Comment