Wednesday 20 March 2013

Springtime at Applewood Lane...almost...

Today, many boxes arrived at the house. Kitchen cabinets, waiting to be unwrapped and set in place. 
We  have been sent a template for the mirror back splash and, thankfully, the quote for its completion was far less than we had thought.
Winter continues... gloriously, really. The light is gorgeous on trees and on snow. 
I took this photograph at the southern end of Cayuga lake as the evening set in a few weeks ago...


Nicholas

Today it truly felt as though things were back on track at the house...of course, things have been happening (post-ghosting incident) but, to be honest, that entire event really took the wind out of our "house-getting-completed-by-Easter" sails...that being said, here they are brown paper packages, not wrapped up with string, and yet...still some of my newly favourite things!



Knowing me as they do, our crew, in particular, Ralph's brother, Ricky, did a little mini-reveal for me, just so I could rest in the fact that my choice, was in fact, exactly what I wanted...



In the late night of the first day of spring, this is not perhaps the best image of our cherry cabinetry, with champagne stain, but they will look gorgeous with the mirrored backsplash, the dove-grey tiles and the brushed stainless steel cabinetry...and, I must not forget to mention the singular beauty of the countertops, quartz...black, with a little grey veining, and a spectacular cobalt blue fleck throughout...gourmet meals are being created in our minds as we imagine new friends, and beloved older ones, from different seasons in our lives, joining us around the table for fellowship and communion.

Today, when writing to a friend in England, it became clear that soon we will truly, fully be here...as we will be calling the moving/storage company and asking them to place our belongings, Nicholas' paintings, our photographs, our pebbles from Iona, our books, our music, all of it, into a container and ship it across the ocean. And while exhilarated at the thought, I found myself in floods of tears, for in the acknowledgment of the new and glorious beginning, was the profound weight and sadness of all that I have said goodbye to, all that is no longer home, and the  I have loved, and continue to love, so very much. 

It is the first day of spring, a new season in our lives, and I feel only gratitude at having loved, and been loved so deeply in my life, across years and miles.

Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment