Tuesday 8 January 2013

January Thaw?

I visited Taughannock and Buttermilk falls today to see the icicles and falling waters. They are spectacular at this time of year and I'm secretly hoping for more snow, despite a forecast of warming over the next week or so. The icicles remind me of organ pipes in a cathedral.
Here is a glimpse of Taughannock Falls which, at over 200 feet, are the tallest falls in North East America:


Nicholas

This season is, on so many levels, a season of unfolding and movement for me. After many months of planning and seed planting, hoping and dreaming, so much is coming to fruition.

A perfect symbol of this for me was the gift of an amaryllis bulb from my Mom...she gave it to me when they came to visit the cottage earlier in autumn, I planted it in the soil provided in the package and waited...and waited...and waited...

Well, take a look...


It has opened to the light, it has become what it was meant to be...and I did what I needed to do to help that happen, I took it out of the box...I placed it near the light...I watered it...and now, I am cherishing it.

May I do the same with my Self and all those I love.

Judy


No comments:

Post a Comment