Wednesday 9 January 2013

Dry Wall

The house is being 'rocked' or dry walled, as they say. Today, in glorious sunshine I visited the house to see that the studio and upstairs are mostly done...
But this morning, a glorious dawn greeted the day: pink light behind the woods across the pond.


Temperatures are set to rise over the weekend... but I find I am longing for more snow! I love the blanket of white that adorns the landscapes around here; perhaps we'll have more. Who knows.

Nicholas

I was at work all day, so...again...I could not get to the house. But, I did see this sunrise across the pond from our cottage window before I went, what a privilege, this kind of beauty...

Along with the sunrise came this wonderful picture of Mrs. Cardinal...


We have grown to love the soft faun of her breast feathers, the deeper russet of her wings and the bright splash of her orange-red beak...her colours have inspired us as we have begun to choose the palette for the furnishings in our home...

And speaking of that...they are working like crazy...Nicholas took a trip up and took this picture of the view from our library/office, down the little hallway. The light is pouring into our master bedroom...


The thought of this wall on the right having custom bookshelves, filled with our books, that have been in storage for nearly a year, and at the end...a desk, where my next book might just begin to be written...well...all of that is exciting beyond measure.

It is, indeed, a dream taking form in amazing fashion.

Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment