Sunday 7 October 2012

Autumn Mosaic

The wind is up today after a night of heavy rain and the temperature has fallen at least fifteen degrees. Autumnal color patchworks are everywhere becoming smaller, almost as I write.


The symphony of changing colors is quite glorious to behold, a reminder of beauty and of time and of necessity.
Nicholas

This is Dryden Lake a few weeks ago.

This is where I hope I will come to kayak. Kayaking is new to me as a concept, but I keep coming back to it as the place I want to explore within myself, for the physical exercise on one level, for the spiritual aspect on another.

There was something about putting a kayak onto Long Lake this summer, about the silence of the movement, about the quiet, about the reflective nature of gliding next to a loon, next to the shoreline, next to my interior thoughts....

I revisit those moments from this summer with our friends at Mange Takk quite involuntarily, and that confirms what a profound imprint that first experience was for me. It spoke to something, inspired something, began something.

As we begin to build our new home, I am profoundly grateful that this little lake, just down the road, holds the seed of another of my dreams.

Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment