Friday 28 September 2012

Autumnal shapes...

Judy and I have been exploring the 62 acres here... paths lead off into the woods and bushes down to a beaver pond set deep in the forest. No sign of beavers yet... but it will exciting to glimpse them when we do.
Here at the house the leaves are falling and vegetation is changing daily. 


Today has been foggy with intermittent rain. Colours change in the grey light, becoming almost heightened.
Nicholas

But last night, on our way to dinner in Ithaca...this was our blessing...
Spectacular striations of shadow and light graced the evening sky. It was absolutely breathtaking.

We are getting incredibly excited about the work that will soon commence, the home that will begin to take shape, our new life, which will continue to unfold.

An unusual development in my spirit has happened in relation to this new development (the mortgage and build). I feel quite saddened that the land we own will be gouged by great machinery and that I will be altering it according to my own vision.

I have decided that I will make a personal covenant, perhaps in the form of a ritual, on our land. In this way, I will consciously honour it, give gratitude for it, and commit to honouring it. The concept of ownership is an odd one to me, especially when it applies to land or property, so this ritual or ceremony will be an opportunity for me to vow to nurture it, to create art and opportunities for healing and growth and the transformation of body, mind and spirit for all who come into our writing and painting studios, and into my healing room...

I will ask our land on Applewood Lane to bless the work of our lives...and we will honour it and create a sanctuary of beauty and peace.

Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment