Sunday 26 August 2012

Those other moments...


Early today, I spotted a Blue Jay on our suet feeder ...


I am reminded again of the privilege of being  so close to nature here..

The South East is poised, waiting for a potential Hurricane to landfall somewhere between New Orleans  and Pensecola, FL.
And, as I write, the birds carry on regardless...
Nicholas


These Rudbeckia Autumn Colours seem a perfect image for me this day.

We are so thankful for the many beautiful, varied flowers that meet us as we walk in the gardens of our rental home. In particular, these have caught my eye since we returned from England.

The colours I have always loved, but the name matches what I am feeling today.

At 88F temperature today, I was aware I was still in the last days of summer, but as I spent my last weekend before Labor Day (the US holiday which signals the beginning of school for most children) working at the massage school, it became really real that we have been here for our first summer.

These floral creations, part golden, part russet, hold my spirit in the reality that some moments have been bright and others less so, that their is new growth alongside decay and dying, that there is nothing so constant as change.

Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment