Thursday 23 August 2012

Bright Moments in unexpected places...

The other day I spotted a bright flash amongst the trees across the way above the pond... and, looking at the leaves and branches I could barely make out the shape of a bright red cardinal sat there for a moment as I reached for the camera.
Taking a photograph with my new lens (70-200mm) on the Nikon, I was staggered to be able to enlarge the image... this is about 5% of the original!


This is a reminder to be always alert for the unexpected and the unforeseen... 
Nicholas



This is a picture of the building where I am now employed.
Let me introduce you to the home of the Finger Lakes School of Massage...

This was taken last October when I had two separate interviews for a potential teaching post. Shortly after moving here in June, the Campus Director, who initially interviewed me, offered me a different job, which I have accepted.

I am co-coordinator of all the elements of the part-time program in massage therapy. This is kind of like a guidance counsellor position, helping students with all the transitions which can occur in the lives of individuals studying this incredible work. I will also eventually be a supervisor of clinics as students work to bring their studies into practical application, firstly with one another and then with the public. 

Even after less than a month of working here, training here, meeting colleagues and students, I know that this is the correct move for me professionally and personally. The way the school presents on paper, in their prospectus, is how they actually conduct themselves, with creativity, authentic communication and a deep respect for one another, faculty, staff and students. It is rare and I am honoured.

On a little side note, it is comforting that this building sits like a little castle on the west side of Cayuga Lake, that it reminds me of England, that it creates a through line for my life on numbers of levels. For anyone interested...my office (yes I have one) is through the green door in the front and up two flights of stairs, overlooking the back of the school. It's like I am in a little treehouse office, reminding me of renewal and growth and the wonder of change.

Judy

1 comment:

  1. I have been by the campus and it is truly beautiful! Congatulations

    ReplyDelete