Monday 2 July 2012

The Watermill

Not far from where we are renting is an old watermill which we happened across today on the way back from Dryden.




The wheel turned with the water, hardly splashing in the midday sun. It was a magnificent sight. And, just behind, is a restaurant which is open in the evenings. We will return.

The sun and warmth continue...a glorious warmth that suffuses bones and skin. 
We have been in touch with so many friends over here; some in Florida, some in New York, some in Maine, some in California. 


And the weird thing about time, is that it has only been two weeks since we landed in Brooklyn and disembarked from the Queen Mary. 


I have a dream journal that I have kept written since 2001... and, returning to it, I am astonished by the symbolism of dreams and memory: five years ago I had a dream in which Judy and I visited the Eastern seaboard of the US in a giant ship... 
strange, but true.


Nicholas


A Boy with a Red Balloon...
came into our line of vision on the shores of Cayuga Lake. 
The light caught his balloon perfectly as he played in the shade of one of the majestic willows that grace water's edge.


In this image, I see so much of what I feel.


His left hand is lower, as though he has released much of what he might have been holding onto, while his right hand is opened, outstretched to the day...the moment...his life.


And, of course, there is the balloon, filled with breath, filled with life, reflecting the brightness of the new day.


As I, myself, stand poised at the cusp of my own new life, I am grateful for the fullness of expression found in this child's image. 


Let go.
Remain open to possibilities.
Breathe.
Dare to do it in living colour.


Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment