Saturday 7 July 2012

Thunderstorms

A few minutes before I took this photograph we had watched an astonishing ripple of dark cloud build up to our West... and then, seconds later, an enormous bolt of lightning struck down followed by one of the loudest claps of thunder I have ever heard!


More storms are forecast tonight.
Outside the lilies seem fresher for the rain and the pond is all stirred up.
I am experimenting with my new camera... each picture is a stunning 36 megapixels which takes up a whopping 120mb of disc space. Thank goodness for the new computer.
Nicholas

One of the first things we had to do here, was look for a car...here is one we saw today...it kind of sums up the reality that Ithaca is the most liberal small city in the nation...I especially like the "Minds are like parachutes...they only function when open" bumper sticker, actually it ties with "well-behaved women seldom make history". I thought to myself this would be a great truck to be stuck behind in traffic, but there isn't much of that here...this was parked outside our local market.



This, isn't the car we are buying...a task that has filled some of our time since we arrived...nope...this is our new car...


a crossover SUV by Hyundai called the Santa Fe. It rides like a dream and we got a fabulous deal!!! 


Another thing, I was given a long-stemmed red rose after we put our deposit down. Now...THAT never happened in England. We pick this beauty up on Tuesday morning and will begin dreaming of road trips in our near future.


Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment