Friday 6 July 2012

A full moon and light on the water...

Today, temperatures have been consistently above 85 degrees: there is a suggestion of cloud building up in the high skies, but, at the time of writing, no sign of a break.
Much of the USA is being subjected to a heat wave of unprecedented proportions... 
And, across the pond, England is being deluged with rain.


These atmospheric distinctions are a fitting symbol for the difficulties with my family. My mother alone in her apartment, mourning the absence of my father, and my sister, steady as a rock, doing all she can do, with wisdom and compassion. 
My father is surrounded by nurses and care of all kinds.
We can't know what the future holds right now...


This photograph of watery reflections captures some the moment for me as I write. Taken with a new camera, right off the deck.


Nicholas


Life...it moves on and I can do little about the direction of some of its twists and turns...as I write this, my father-in-law, a friend, who is more a sister of my heart's choosing, and the daughter of beloved friends all lie in hospital beds in England.


This photo taken last week, part looming storm, part light shining through, speaks to me this evening...




The brilliant red of the tree bark, the bold light on the leaves, the first glimpse  of rainbow, gorgeous prism of reflected light...I will focus on these...yes, the dark sky is present...


But, it is not all I see in this moment.


I see the light and commit to move towards it, always....


Judy





No comments:

Post a Comment