Sunday 29 July 2012

Deeper Reflections

Spending time back here at the cottage has been deeply peaceful... a chance to observe the play of light on water and the endlessly changing surface of the pond.



My father's health continues to decline... and its a difficult time for Judy and I to decide when we return to the UK, but it is  likely to be in the next ten days or so. And so, as we wait, I am grateful for the watery reflections and the deepening stillness of the pond.
Nicholas

This weekend marked my beginning of a new job at the Finger Lakes School of Massage, I applied and interviewed for a position teaching massage last October, but rather than the job I originally sought, I was offered and have accepted a role as co-coordinator of the part-time program.  

The light on the pond when I came home tonight gave me an image that literally spoke to what I was feeling after and intense 20 hours of training...
In an instant, the surface of the water seemed to be divided into little squares of colour and form, part the reflection of the trees and sky above, part the pond itself. But, beyond this, what became clear to me was that all of my training was about to be put to use...

Actress, massage therapist, counsellor, teacher, writer...all come into play communicating with students attempting to graduate from the 1000-hour program, on week-ends, across an 18-month period, while they keep their 'outside school' lives going. It has a different set of challenges than full-time school and I hope I will be of great service to each of them and my colleagues.

Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment