Sunday 15 July 2012

Clouds...

We travel up to the Adirondack mountains tomorrow, the Largest State Park in the US, I believe, where we hope to spend a few days on Long Lake. 
My father's health unfortunately, continues to deteriorate, so our plans are provisional.

Researching ways of getting back to the UK in case of need further reminds me just how big this country is and there is now easy way, quickly.
Today, heavy rain fell just south of us here in Rochester, but tonight the skies are calmer and a sense of 'big sky clouds' has fallen upon the evening.


Nicholas

The ebb and flow of a life are deeply evident when we meet childhood friends after long absences.

Today, I was blessed with one of those days. My next-door neighbors, the kids I learned to ride bikes with, played Lost in Space (lying upside-down on the couch in the basement to simulate the weightless experience) with, laughed, and  fought, and made-up with for the first 10 years of my life...I was with them.

It was a graduation party for one of their children and in gathering around a table of beautiful food and loving conversation we remembered. 

We remembered who we had been and we learned a little bit about who one another had become. How I wish I lived next door to them, if only for a few weeks or months, so that I could learn more, laugh until I cried and found the way to thank them, each of them, for the uniqueness of their gift to my life.

They are like the shining reflection in this photograph, bright and beautiful...and no matter what life has brought to them, they have met each event with faith and hope and unending love...I celebrate them all...

Judy


No comments:

Post a Comment