Tuesday 12 June 2012

Unknown depths...


The sea floor lies about 14000 below us right now. Such depths are unimaginable and the sea seems more complex and different for it. Today we met the Captain in the Queen’s Room at 6:30pm; Judy and I dressed in formal dinner wear.
Contacts with our friends are sporadic as wifi accesss is limited and the UK seems very far away. It is hard to believe that my Uncle David once sailed the Atlantic, or for that matter, that brave souls have rowed across!


And its also amazing that only 48 hours or so have passed since we left Southampton, because these two days seem like an age.
Today we watched a short film narrated by Tom Hanks about the nature of the Universe and that too is unimaginable; billions of galaxies and stars out there, some perhaps with oceans, some perhaps with life.

Nicholas

Today I was reminded that we all come from such different places in our lives, both geographical and emotional. We met people from the United States, from Finland, from the UK and from Poland.  At our reception with our Captain tonight, he said there were guests from 37 different nations and crew representing 58 nations of the world. Amazing.

I am reminded that the constant here is not what colour, or what tongue, or creed or belief…but rather each of us, every single one of us is on a journey from one place to another, from one moment to another.



As I write these words, this morning’s dawn comes to mind-for with the new light there were also clouds. I, saw the dawn, others might have seen the grey clouds. It is good to remember that I am only responsible for the manner with which I see, and that my life is to be a reflection of the immense light I know I have received. 

Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment