Saturday 26 May 2012

Long Light...

Today, my portfolio is featured on Absolute Arts' web site, which considering there are about 70,000 artists on the site is quite something! My painting Island Light 2 was inspired by the Scottish Islands.


Browsing through my photographs of the last ten years I came across this one taken on Harris in June 2001... it captures the sense of magical long light that lingers in the memory.




Nicholas


Today my closest women friends here in England honoured me with a leaving party...a few were unable to join us in the beautiful sunny garden setting of my friend Renee's home, but most were there.


They together gave me the perfect gift...




Each woman (even those not in attendance) had chosen a charm that was reflective of our shared journey. The heart at the 12 o'clock position is the clasp of the bracelet and in clockwise direction they tell this story...


A cowboy with a guitar from my friend Siobhan, I have sung with her husband
An angel wing from my friend, writer, Chris, who began to collaborate with me creatively with my book, Gabriella 
2 keys from my friend Helly-we hold them for one another here at the Mews 
The shared initial J from my friend Jacquie 
An amethyst heart from Renee, it was her Mom's and she and I first met when my healing touch was given as a gift by her to her Mother 
The long silver key is from Anna-the first of these women I met in England-we lived opposite one another in Chartwood Place
A tower from Lizzy to remind me of Leith Hill and the beautiful Surrey Hills.
A doggie, from Sarah, who first met me lying on the floor of an art gallery here in Dorking (I was giggling and getting kisses from her dog, Zach...yes, I know!)
The bagpipes are from Annie, who has loved the story of our meeting on Iona and held it tenderly 
Kimmy gave the red orb, held gently in the silver casing...we both have red hair, freckles and a wicked sense of humour 
And lastly, the house is from my beloved next-door-neighbour, Lou...


A circle of memories created and now cherished by me.


Thank you...all of you...I am moved beyond all comprehending.


Judy



No comments:

Post a Comment