Saturday 19 May 2012

Getting there...

My most recent painting, created three weeks ago is just about dry, which, thank goodness, is just in time for the packing which begins in ten days time.
Entitled Desert Light, it is 20" x 30" and, when I painted it I was reminded of the sublime qualities of the light I have seen in the South Western Deserts at certain transitional moments.




It will be a strange interval for the next year or so, to leave my paintings behind in storage until they can be shipped to our new house in Dryden, but, I will anticipate rediscovering them next Spring with the joy of new beginnings.
Tomorrow I will say goodbye to the piano...it will find a new home in Brighton, and that too I will miss until we can find a replacement. 


Nicholas




This is my sister's dog...Maky...and this picture makes me happy. 


Really happy.


In the midst of all the goodbyes and letting go, he represents not only all that is about to happen, but he (and all dogs) are fabulous reminders of the need to stay right in the moment I am in.


As has been the case for many many months now, each few steps forward have been accompanied with some variant of a momentary setback...but, when I look at this I smile and, well actually I laughed right out loud. 


That will be my goal these next few weeks. to smile and laugh...a lot...


Oh...and I have googled cockapoo breeders in Central NY state!


Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment